Interested in contributing an article to the community? Great, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for well written, not overly promotional articles. Article writing is one of the best marketing tools offering benefits such as demonstrating your expertise, increasing traffic to your own website and social sites, generating more leads and improving your website’s ranking within online search results.
The types of articles we would love to receive are:
One off article
Do you have an expertise to share on a topic of relevance to our business mum community? Why not write a one off article.
A series of articles
Share your skills and experiences with our community by pitching a series of articles (3+ articles). We are looking for well written article series on topics of importance to our community. Your series pitch submission should include an outline of your series and what you intend to cover in each installment or have the full content for all your posts. Series can be published monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly.
Did you get together with other Start Up Mum community members? We want to hear all about it! Submit a short essay of 400-800 words about your community story along with a few images of the event.
- For best chances of publication, focus on action-oriented content and include tips and best practices
- Our audience is Australian business mums and your content MUST be relevant to our readership to be considered.
- Submission of your article does not guarantee publication. Your submission will be reviewed and if it will benefit Start Up Mum readers, it is likely to be published.
- Links back to your own blog or website should be modest and fit the content of your post. If you include too many links, chances are low it will be published. Make sure any links in your post are relevant and valid. Links deemed to be irrelevant to the main idea of your post will be removed without notice. Likewise, any non-working links will be removed without notice.
- Posts must be original content and not published anywhere else online.
- Word count should be between 600-1000 words.
- If including images, please ensure they are your own images and high quality (over 600 pixels wide).
- Become familiar with our community, read through our current articles. The best articles are the ones that come from readers that know our community.
- Include a 50-80 word bio, a 200×200 headshot as well as links to your website and any social media pages.
- We reserve the right to edit your submission for brevity, grammar, readability, and sometimes for meaning. If too much editing is required to make the post useful, chances are pretty low that it will be published.
- You retain the copyright to your article, but once it’s submitted to Start Up Mum, we reserve the right to use and refer to it.
- Due to the overwhelming number of submissions we receive, you will only be notified if your article is accepted. Reasons we may not select your work are (but not limited to) space, poor submission, too salesy, or concept.
- If your post is selected to be published, we will send you an email confirming the date that your post will go live.
- Make sure to include your social media profiles with your submission as we will share your article across our social media platforms and will tag you in our promotion.